Code of Conduct
The rules of proper professional conduct consist of several ordinances, specific combinations of guidelines and legal practice. Disciplinary decisions relating to the professional supervision of members of the Finnish Bar Association (attorneys-at-law) are of importance in this respect too.
The basic requirements established for Bar Members (attorneys-at-law) by the rules of proper professional conduct are loyalty, independence, avoidance of conflict of interest, confidentiality and integrity. An attorney-at-law shall strive to reach a solution which is most favorable for his/her client. Regarding these requirements, such a solution is often a settlement. The rules of proper professional conduct support efforts to achieve an amicable settlement in various ways.
The most central rules and regulations:
- Attorneys-at-law Act 12.12.1958, altered 17.6.2011 (pdf) (119.5 KB)
- Finnish Bar Association By-Laws (1.10.2018) (pdf) (127.3 KB)
- Code of conduct for attorneys-at-law (15.1.2009) (pdf) (90.1 KB)
- Fee Guidelines (15.1.2009) (pdf) (20.6 KB)
- Guidelines concerning the continuing education of attorneys-at-law (10.6.2005) (pdf) (48.6 KB)
- Finnish Bar Association Mediation Rules (2016) (pdf) (20.9 KB)